In alignment with our vision to develop trust with society, Nidec Corporation's CSR Charter provides five guiding principles that commit us to fostering integrity and transparency in all of our business activities.
Nidec Corporation CSR Charter
With a keen awareness of its responsibilities as a part of society, Nidec Corporation pursues common good by offering globally welcomed products and technologies. Nidec's ultimate objective as a socially responsible business entity is to ensure sustainable growth that creates employment without pausing.
All Nidec directors and employees are required to perform duties in full respect of the spirit of this Charter and philosophy behind CSR (corporate social responsibility).
- 1. Work sincerely and honestly
- All Nidec directors and employees must realize the importance of a strict adherence to the laws, regulations, and social requirements of the countries in which the Company operates and are required to fulfill responsibilities based on international standards.
- All Nidec directors and employees must ensure fair and transparent disclosure of information through reciprocal communications with the Company's stakeholders, including its shareholders, its customers, its business partners and employees, to earn and retain the trust of society.
- All Nidec directors and employees, in order to enhance product safety, quality, and reliability, must engage in fair business transactions based on transparent and free competitions in harmonious cooperation with the Company's business partners.
- 2. Coexist with the environment
- All Nidec directors and employees must realize that the perpetual conservation of the global environment is an issue of common concern for all humanity and are thereby required to reduce the environmental burden through environmentally conscious business activities.
- 3. Respect human rights
- All Nidec directors and employees must maintain an optimal work environment which is built upon the respect for individuality and human rights and free from abusive labor practices, such as forced labor and child labor.
- 4. Secure occupational safety and hygiene
- All Nidec directors and employees must ensure workplace safety and good health to establish a work environment that brings out the best in each individual.
- 5. Maintain good relations with the society
- All Nidec directors and employees must be aware that sustainable corporate growth can only be built on good relationships and co-prosperity with the society.
- All Nidec directors and employees must respect the cultures and customs of the countries in which the Company operates, and are encouraged to participate in social contribution activities for the benefit of the respective local communities.
The CSR Charter was established based on the ten principles in “UN Global Compact Principle against Corruption*1”
and “Electronic Industry Code of Conduct (EICC). *2”
Plus, as bylaws for the CSR Charter, we established CSR Regulations, which contain human rights- and labor-related provisions such as “Guarantee of the freedom of establishing labor unions and collective bargain.”
- *1 UN Global Compact Principle against Corruption:
- Basic anti-corruption principles advocated by the then US Secretary-General Anan in 1999. Currently there are 10 principles concerning human rights, labor, the environment, and anti-corruption.
- *2 Electronic Industry Code of Conduct (EICC):
- A code of conduct made by the electronic industry for the business activities of the overall supply chain. EICC consists of rules on labor, health and safety, environment, management system, and ethics.